Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Body Worlds 3

Last weekend I had the chance to see Body Worlds 3 at The Leonardo in Salt Lake City, Utah. I had heard many great things about it, but what interested me most was learning about being healthy, as the website told me I would. I ended up not finding out much about being healthy, at least not information that I didn't already know (ex: don't smoke, don't eat fast food, etc.). The line wasn't bad when I got there, and the exhibit was wonderful, but I felt as though I didn't really learn as much as I thought I would. However the fetus room had new information for myself. I saw babies that were in test tubes during each of the weeks of pregnancy up to week 9 (and then after that they were just on display). I noticed that they were still very small and underdeveloped all the way until week 9, when previously I thought that the child was much larger at that point.
I also thought that the bodies looked quite interesting, the poses they had were phenomenal.
I don't know if it was worth the $22 I paid, but it wasn't a waste of time either. I just wish I had brought my sketch book to sketch the figures, as I had found out when I got there, artists could bring their sketchbooks in. But then again, I don't know if there would have been room to sketch considering how many people were stuffed into that exhibit. I am very glad I decided to do an earlier time than previously planned, because by the time I got done with the exhibit, the line was three times the length it was when I got in.

Oh and camels are a lot bigger than I thought. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment